Pages

Friday, January 8, 2016

On Unemployment;



Music: (Big Grams - "Fell in The Sun")



Ain't it a bitch. So great and so alluring, yet so horribly discouraging. Becoming unemployed could well be the biggest mindfuck out there. The moment I received the text message (which preceded the awkward Google Hangout session) from a higher-up in the company, I knew that it was all over, but I was remarkably okay with that. I had suddenly been liberated. My life was mine again! I was fucking ECSTATIC. I don't think I've smiled that hard since I received a Gamecube for Christmas as a 10 year old.

Fast forward 3 weeks, and my life feels like a mess. I couldn't have less of a direction - I have no idea what I want to do, I have no idea what I'm even good at even more, and I've resorted to creating this blog in order to fulfill some fantastical desire to become a cultural maven, Pitchfork writer, or something....

I don't know what I want to accomplish by creating this thing-- I think I just need to create something. I need to get my thoughts out somehow, and I figured this would be the cheapest and most effective way to do just that. I have an uncanny ability to not follow through on anything, so this might not last, but if it does, I'd like this to just be a hodge-podge (did I really just write that?) of musings, artifacts, and revelations from this life that I currently live, that will hopefully make somebody laugh... or become inspired to be nothing like me. Some things that I like that you can expect to see on here: music, movies, sports, politics, philosophy... We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment